Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back From Hawaii to the ice cold temps of Anchorage.


I returned from the land of Paradise to some extreme cold temperatures in Anchorage, Alaska. It was a pretty extreme temperature change. I boarded the plane in Honolulu with a temperature of 80 degrees and when I got off the plane in Anchorage it was -15 degrees below zero. A difference of 95 degrees. At least we are gaining daylight right?



I've neglected my blog due to the fact I had no internet access in our hotel unless I was wanting to pay for it. In a way it was kind of nice to not know what was going on in the world. I did have my cell phone which has internet connection so i could at least get sports scores and text message friends.

Hawaii was an excellent vacation. It was great to be able to spend some time with just the family. We spent everyday outside on the beach. The weather was very cooperative. It was right around 80 degrees everyday and never got below 72 even at night. It rained a few times while we were sleeping which made things a little humid in the morning while I was running. We didn't venture to far from Waikiki beach but that is what made it more relaxing. Swimming, snorkeling, and laying in the sun for 10 straight days.

The bonus of this vacation was that I was able to get some real good training for Boston. I ran every single morning and got 97 miles in on the island. I'm actually kind of proud that I was focused enough to get up at 6-6:30 everyday to get my run in before it got hot. Plus, I didn't take time away from the family to go run. They were able to sleep in, eat breakfast and we were all ready to head to the beach by 9am. Not once did I turn the alarm off and sleep in. It just proves that I'm going to be prepared to run fast in Boston this year.

Here is my mileage on the island of Oahu:

12/23- 8 miles
12/24- 13 miles
12/25- 5 miles
12/26- 11 miles
12/27- 6 miles
12/28- 18 miles
12/29- 6 miles
12/30- 10 miles
12/31- 14 miles
1/1- 6 miles

Total- 97 miles


No comments: