Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Treadmill Running


When I woke this morning it was -20 below outside. When school was out it was still -15 below. Like I said before I have the gear to run outside and be comfortable, but I just didn't feel like going outside in this real cold weather.


The workout called for a medium long run of 14 miles. Usually I would split this up when its cold and do some of the workout outside and the rest inside on the treadmill. Well, I did the whole 14 miles on the treadmill.

Sometimes I can get real bored just staring out my window on the treadmill. But, today it didn't really bother me. It was still light out for half the workout, so I was able to kill some time looking at cars and people passing by. Sometimes I can get zoned out to pass time. 20 minutes will pass by and I forget that I was even running and can't really remember what I was thinking about. Usually I'm thinking about Wrestling or a race that I'm training for. It's also a good time to work out problems I have in my head. Maybe its work related or something I need to get done. Bottom line is that you do a lot of thinking while running on a treadmill.

I love the fact that I own a real nice treadmill and its located right in my house. I have it upstairs. I call the room my workout room, but it was suppose to be a spare bedroom. It's facing a window which is nice. I have an ipod home speaker system for music. I also have some motivational running poster and my Boston Acceptance cards on the wall. I could do more to fix it up and make it a better workout room. It would be really nice to get a nice TV with a DVD player to maybe watch a movie to pass the time. I'm sure someday I will. I just love the fact that I'm able to have a workout room in my house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Treadmills is equipment used for running without moving any distance. It consists of a conveyor belt which slides on rollers on which the individual can run or walk.

Hone said...

It will be cool to follow your training as see how it is suppose to be done. I just run a ton of miles and wing races. I think that is why I lose so much.

If you ever head up in the mountains give me a shout.