Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Ice Day


Woke up at 5am this morning to get my run in this morning because I had to run twice today. I brushed my teeth and then remembered that there was a possibility that school would be cancelled again today because of the severe icy roads and wind. I went downstairs and checked my phone and saw that Mike Montgomery called letting me know school is cancelled again. I went to bed late last night so I took advantage of not having to go into school and went back to bed for a few more hours. I have really enjoyed spending the last 2 days with the kiddos too. Today, I took them to the movie "Bed Time stories" with Adam Sandler. It was hilarious and the kids enjoyed it too.




Today was a recovery day so both workouts were super easy. I ran 6 miles in the morning and 4 miles in the afternoon. Of course they were done on the treadmill at home again, but I really would like to go running outside. I have the icebug running shoes, but it is seriously like an ice rink outside right now. I hope it snows soon.

Here is a great tune by Chemical Brothers called Galvanize. I like listening too a little techno when I have to run tempo or VO2 Max workouts on the treadmill.

No comments: