Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting tougher

I wanted to congratulate a friend of mine Joleen Smith for finishing her first ever Marathon. She ran the Rock N Roll Marathon in Arizona over the weekend. She put in some good training and should be proud of her accomplishment. I have a feeling she may do some more marathons in the future. Keep it up!



Not much to report today in my own training. I couldn't run today until 5pm and it was very icy and dark outside, so I opted for the treadmill. I ran 10 miles at a pretty easy pace. I made it a little harder at the end by upping the grade a little. One thing I have been noticing is that I'm recovering faster after these medium long runs. The Pfitzinger plan really works well for me. It has the perfect amount of recovery days to help you get the key components of marathon training in during the week.

I'm also excited that my friend Charlie Mahlen and his wife Jenny will be in Boston too. Jenny is running the marathon and charlie will be their for support. He bought us some Boston Red Sox tickets for that saturday. They will be playing the Baltimore Orioles. It will be nice to kick it in Fenway!

1 comment:

Frayed Laces said...

Jeez! That countdown reminds me how close it is! Yikes!