Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Windows of time.



Today I had a little window to get my 15 mile medium distance run done. I have to be at work by 7am so it is hard to get a longer run in before work unless I want to wake up before 5am (not going to happen). I'm good at getting up and running an easy 6-10 miles, but I don't have enough time to run the medium distance runs.

After work I need to be at my kid's school by 3:30 to pick them up. Since I get off around 2:30 there isn't enough time for a workout then either. My son has his soccer practice at 6:30, so I had a window from 4:00pm-6:10pm to get this run done.




I did the first 9 miles outside. It was snowing and pretty windy. At first the snow was blowing straight into my eyes, but seemed to die down a little after a couple miles. The footing was also rough because of the fresh snow that made me work a little harder to get through. I changed into shorts, etc. and did the final 6 miles inside on my treadmill. I was able to pick up the pace gradually and finished with a 6:35 mile. I want to start finishing these medium-distance runs and long runs a little faster.

Tomorrow is a recovery day, but it will begin at 5am.

No comments: