Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Legs tired

The last couple of days my legs have felt pretty tired. I'm coming off an 86 mile week and I'm glad that my marathon plan called for 2 easy recovery days. Both days I ran 6 miles in the morning and 4 miles in the evening all at a super easy pace. My legs would warm up and I would feel good when I was running, but the rest of the day when I was walking around work or at home my legs felt pretty tired. I'm sure my legs will get use to the higher mileage and I will feel strong again. I just have to make sure to keep the easy days easy and the hard days hard. Does that make sense?

Both of my kids are sick now with some pretty bad colds. They have been keeping me up at night coughing so my sleep hasn't been the greatest. Lots of kids at school are sick too. I believe it is that time of year. I just need to make sure I'm eating right and drinking lots of fluids and try to get as much rest as possible. It is a challenge to have a full time job, have a family, and run 80-90 miles a week. I'm enjoying the challenge though!

No comments: