Monday, December 15, 2008

Road to Boston 2009 Begins today!

Well, here i go. I'm officially training for the 2009 Boston Marathon. I'm going to follow the same 18 week program as I did last year, but up the mileage just a little bit. I am really excited to begin. Wrestling finished this weekend and my team had a very successful season. It's always nice to put in a lot of hard work and finish the season on a positive note. We had another individual state champion in Luke Shelley.
It was the 5th individual state championship for South. We also had seven kids place in the top six in state. I am really excited for the potential our team has in years to come.

Now that the season is over I transform myself from being a coach to an athlete myself. It may sound selfish, but if I going to continue to coach wrestling I need this off-season time to focus on myself as an athlete and to focus on my personal health.

So, my first workout of the Road to Boston 2009 was an easy 5 miler on the treadmill. It wasn't that cold outside and I really wanted to do this workout outside, but I was running out of time and it was just easier to jump on the treadmill. I kept the run real easy, but I was very excited at the same time. I was constantly visualizing myself running the Boston Marathon. My goal this year is to run a sub 2:40:00 marathon and to not falter from my training program. If I do this I should stay injury free and get in the best cardiovascular shape of my life. I'm Ready!

No comments: