Thursday, December 18, 2008

Recovery Runs


Today was the last day of school for students before they go on christmas break. It will be a much needed break for students and myself. It'll be nice to be able to train and not have to worry work for a couple weeks. Plus, I'll be going to Hawaii for 10 days. Running outside in shorts will be nice.

Today's workout was an easy 6 mile recovery run. I ran it outside from my house to Huffman and back. To do a recovery run correctly you gotta make sure you take it somewhat easy. A lot of time you can get caught up in running fast because you feel good, but you really aren't giving your body the rest it may need. I usually have to remind myself a couple times during the run to take it easy and slow down. I really like my recovery days. I still get a run in, but it's at an easy pace.

I bought a recovery drink for the first time in my life from the Power Bar Company. I've seen my friend Jerry Ross drink it after a long run. I'm going to give it a try during this training session for boston. With my mileage going up I will try to do everything I can to make sure I'm recoverd for the next workout.

No comments: